Saturday, January 28, 2012

Blaine Capone - The Whelming Parts I & II.

I was delighted to receive a (personalized) catalogue of Blaine Capone's current exhibition in the post the other day.

The Whelming was designed to coincide with Prospect.2 (which incidentally closes this weekend) and is such a mammoth undertaking that it could only have been tackled in two parts. 

I'm gutted that I didn't get the chance to see either part in person, but for anyone that isn't quite as far away as New Zealand, you have until February18th to get down to Coup d'Oeil in New Orleans to see it.
Installation view of The Whelming Part I. Centre: Grandma and She 2009,

Installation view of The Whelming Part I. L-R: Harlequin 2011, Painter's Mother 2009, Ejector 2011.

Blaine Capone - The Whelming Part II
Jan 14 - Feb 18 2012

Coup d'Oeil Art Consortium
2033 magazine street, new orleans, la 70130
ph: 504.722.0876
hours:12-5 wed-sat   1-5: sun-mon
directions: google maps

No comments:

Post a Comment